Monday, January 17, 2011

just our hands...


I love Frank Sinatra, which seems quite bizarre since he was born in 1915 almost a whopping 60 years before myself and I'd never really listened to him until a couple of months ago when a friend told me to pull up a song that he loved. I was in love right away with his words and the way he sang them.

I suppose it's why I became a writer after some of the years passed by in my life. They provided me with an appreciation of words and the ability to use them to tell the stories of the happenings that have brought me both joy and pain and sorrow and shame.

I believe another thing that me and Mr. Sinatra have in common is the ability to "sing" our words so that our listeners can feel them even more. However, it is quite unfortunate that my stubborn earlier years never were responsible enough to learn to read music so I have to find the songs on the piano with just the guidance of my fingers and my ears. Sometimes this can be quite a daunting task, although quite rewarding when it is finished. It leads me once again to think about the hands that write to you right now the things that fill my mind once again.

Have you ever really thought just about the fingers that tap away on your computer as you chat with friends online or work on the report that you wish you could finish already? Or the text that pops up in your phone that you can't wait to reply to as you giggle at the silliness of it? And the laughs it brings as your fingers speak words to someone too far away to see your lips. I think it's absolutely magnificent the power these long lean, sometimes short and stubby or calloused or smooth little but sometimes big fingers have.

And isn't it great to just take a moment from the madness of the world and smile at our simple busy fingers? As a matter of fact just typing that made me smile down at mine as they typed away. So with this simple little blog,I wish just to say..never forget at the end of a bad day...to look to your fingers that adorn your hand...and remember just a small memory and a smiles sure to land..rather it be one that brings a tear to you...of a time when one of your fingers didn't have one ring but two..or when you could do nothing else for someone you love...but hold their hand until they went up above..and just as a tear starts to fall I wish you not to worry no, not at all...because once again reaching without a command...is that little finger attached to your hand...to wipe away another tear though there are many yet to come..our little fingers will never complain and they will catch them til there's none...

No comments:

Post a Comment