Monday, January 9, 2012

Run..

My legs are happy as my fingers talk to you tonight my friends. They are thrilled to be resting on the quilt that has blocked the cold of the soft leather chair that they rest upon. However, they are only happy because I am not moving and I assure you; they are not looking forward to the time when I have to get up from this comfy seat. The only good news of this pain is that it is the result of two "almost 5 mile" runs in two days. Which is quite a victory after hybernating like a warm bear from the winter cold. And not only is this good news but now that I've come out from my winter hybernation; I just can't seem to get enough of the road that is in front of me.

Sunday morning was my limit-I'd gone as many times as I could go on one of those "keep me warm" cardio machines in the corner of the gym. I just couldn't stare another moment at the tv or the wall in front of me while I struggled minute by minute for the session to be complete. I needed to be a part of the road and watch the sky and the trees pass by as my feet pitter-pattered to an unknown path. And even if the sky was still cold and the frost still dusted the grass-it was time to give in and be a part of it; so I did.

I stood there as the cold turned my nose a hue of pink and smiled at the frosty sky... I couldn't wait to take off, though I didn't know why...And just as these thoughts crossed my pondering mind...I left them there far behind...For now there was no doubt as my feet climbed each hill...That I'd wanted to be here simply for the thrill..To be a part of something that will never change...despite the cold the heat or the rain...The beauty of the earth even when it's bare....is amazing to witness as we run from here to there...So sometimes take a chance and think of nothing but the things..that will always be no matter what life brings...The sun and the sky the hills and the trees...the simple things that God made for you and me..Lace up your shoes and run through them slow..no need to go fast-as long as you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment