Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Don't feel like eating days

So today was one of those, I just don't feel like eating days. This is where it gets tricky; for most of the female population that wants to achieve that skinny, almost anorexic size zero look; this is quite convenient. However, when you are an upcoming competitor looking forward to that stage you have to prance across in "too high heels", this is not an option. The only thing that you are going to gain by skipping your, not so appetizing meal plan, is body fat; that's right the same thing we are busting sweat to get rid of every day. So I opt to measure the six ounces of chicken and cup of broccoli that I am scheduled for once again. I think how appetizing it would be with some ketsup but glance at the 4 grams of sugar and sit to enjoy my dry chicken and overly crunchy broccoli. I've been here many times before making the wise choice to eat my unsalted, unappetizing entre. I turn on the tv in hopes that a little entertainment will help the taste. I walk to the fridge and give in to a half a cup of diet soda and swear to myself I won't do it again for at least 14 weeks. I allow myself to temporarily fall for the deal that I have made with myself and have to admit it did lift my spirits a bit. It's amazing the big part that our minds play in the preparation for a show. No matter the caliber of the competitor, we all have that moment when we just want to eat something that we are not supposed to eat for our 16 week journey. The truth of the matter is, it's not that we really want that piece of chocolate that bad, it's just that we can't have it, and we as human beings have fought for what we couldn't have since the beginning of time. If we aren't supposed to have it, we will always want it more. Human nature is not a friend during figure preparation. There is no other time in my life that I would even think of wanting chocolate at 8 am in the morning unless I'm getting ready for a show. I think of my chocolate protein shake that I am supposed to have in 2.5 hours and decide to make a protein brownie out of it instead. I win again in my defeat against the sugar beast. He creeps up on me often when I am in the middle of show prep, but little does he know that Beverly Nutrition Protein has a taste almost equal to Betty Crocker herself; and what figure girl can complain when she gets to enjoy the taste of Betty Crocker? So, my fellow competitors, another day ending in victory; surely we are on our way to a more than second place trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment