Saturday, December 12, 2009

Throw in the towel days

So today was one of those days; the throw in the towel days, I think is the right way to describe it. I decided not to do the show in March. Of course, this probably the first of a hundred more times that I will say that before the show is here. It was a leg day and a stress day all rolled into one; and by the time I made it to cardio; I wasn't even going to the show anymore. This is of course, just one of my stages that I go through. I looked at my scheduled diet and had a protein shake, took a long shower, and tried to call my best friend for a much needed pep talk. Of course, my very best friend is not a personal trainer that gets to hang out at the gym all day and didn't have the time I needed allocated for some much needed motivation. See that's another stage of what we go through as competitors, we become selfish, and start to think that the world should revolve around us and our chicken and broccoli. So this where I catch myself and try to remember that competing is something that I do for myself and it shouldn't have a negative effect on those around us. So, as I always do, I regroup and think of my goals and realize that the lack of sleep is probably why I am feeling so down. I make a note to skip any further caffeine and try to get more sleep tonight. Almost as important as the workout itself is our recovery time; we can't recover without proper rest. It's challenging enough preparing for a show when we are at 100%, it's hard to expect a great performance from an exhausted body. So I checked the box for this day and say problem resolved and look forward to a better day tomorrow. I walk by the mirror, hold my head up high and applaud the muscles looking back at me waiting for their upcoming performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment