Friday, February 26, 2010

28 days until the stage.....

Once again I started my day with the familiar 45 minute dance I share every morning with the Eliptical in the corner. I think he's learning more and more to hold me up when I'm struggling through the last ten minutes. I thought today of the music that has helped me to make it through this 16 week journey with just 28 days remaining. I've danced to everything from Prince to Madonna with a few sad songs in between to reflect on my life. I've been holding the hands of the same machine when things in my life have caused me to float like a cloud in the sky; and I have held on when tears filled my eyes because of a heartache or a disappointment I'd felt or caused. It amazes me the power I have when I am surrounded with metal weights and intimidating sweat machines; yet when I become emotional and hurt, I become a child without direction. I know my will and I know where I am powerful. I know that the reason I will walk on that stage is because it's what I do....It's what I do to recover from pain, to celebrate joy, and to be in a place that I am in control. Some will say it's foolish; I say it's therapy. I say, I am sitting here with a set of abs, I could wash my clothes on...but a mind that is weary...I will have to be happy with the body that I create through the hard times....and celebrate the moments that have forced me to recover here in this place, my place, the only place where I know I can move that brick wall.....almost show time my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment