Thursday, February 18, 2010

5 Weeks until the stage

So this is where I get nervous. We can never see the sculpted physique that others see when we look at ourselves. I look in the mirror and see the hamstrings that only have five more weeks to reach their potential. However, I smile at the abs that haven't given in to the glory of sugar in weeks. They have rewarded me with a quirky chizzled smile. I see the shoulders capped out above my overly long limbs and I smile at the progress they have made. I have won; my body is responding to its hard work and is awaiting the final day to show off its efforts. I have managed to maintain every hard earned ounce of muscle while leaning out this time. I guess practice does make perfect after all. I haven't fixed my hair in weeks to amount to more than a twisted bun at the nape of my neck; hence the reoccurring cardio I do twice a day. Amazing the sacrafices we make to just brush the shoulder of one of our dreams. I think I might even get to shake hands with one of those dreams this time around. My heart explodes at the possibility..........:)

No comments:

Post a Comment