Sunday, January 17, 2010

Football Sunday

I didn't sleep last night; the last time I recall looking at the clock, it said 2 am. My body is sore, and begging for a day off. I feel guilty for the cardio that I failed to do this morning. I opted instead to enjoy the Vickings'( hopeful) victory over the Cowboys. The show is officially 9 weeks and 6 days away. I think of the broccoli and chicken that awaits me for my next meal and twinge at the thought. I momentarily think of what everyone else will be eating on this football Sunday. Then I laugh at how great I will look and feel at the gym Monday morning and of how terrible the "I enjoyed the game with too much booz and chips crowd", will feel. I smile at my strength. I pat myself for being different, for making sacrafices. My show prep is successful today even with the cravings that come with not getting enough sleep. I vow to turn in early tonight and skip the after 4 pm caffeine that I had last night. The mind is a powerful thing if we can take a moment to guide it in the right direction. I smile at the second touchdown my Vickings have made and give in to the comfort as my fluffy couch lures me in. I tell myself just until the game is over and I'm out the door for cardio. Another successful day, with just a small compromise. I drift off for a couple zzz's and see myself walking across that stage with the swager of a champion...

No comments:

Post a Comment