Friday, January 15, 2010

Ten weeks until the stage...

So I return today with ten weeks remaining until I walk upon that stage. I'm not happy with the physique I see standing before me in the mirror. I recall the couple of times that I snuck in a piece of Christmas chocolate in the weeks that have passed me by. The eyes that look back at me are shameful; I sigh and look away. I add up the days once more and confirm to my conscience that there are officially 70 days... 10 weeks..... My overly compulsive mind starts to do the calculations. I add up the pounds that still need to leave my less than show ready body. I shake my head when the result is still 15. My mind sees nothing but numbers now...60 minutes cardio for 70 days equals 42,000 calories hmmmmmmmmmmm..it takes 3500 calories to lose a pound. So I smile that the end result for the weeks remaining is 12. I add in the calories probably burned for weight lifting and my obsession with pullups and know that I can still capture the win. I smile at the possibilities and the strength of the muscles looking back at me. I have defeated the mind that momentarily betrayed me once again. I walk by the mirror once more and see myself on that stage and know that I have made it through yet another hurdle. The mind is powerful, but the will is not defeated easily........

No comments:

Post a Comment