Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Dance...

So today I met my almighty eliptical machine in the same corner of the same gym where we've been meeting for almost a year now. I thought of all the songs I have taken it's mighty arms and danced to, in an effort to take my mind off another grueling cardio session. I thought of my audience that takes the time to read my thoughts as I leave them here unedited and ready to share. I thought of all of you as I made my way half way through again with the help of Michael Buble singing "Save the last Dance" although it was far from my last with 30 minutes remaining; and probably at least enough time to hit the floor with Elton John, Lionel Richie, and maybe even a round with Prince. I had to wonder if the same is true for all of you. I thought of the person that just can't seem to get their diets on track because of an emotional home or a vicious circle of failure, and I danced some more...I thought of the client that cried when she stood before me and asked me to help her find herself under the 300 pounds that now covered her heart and soul. I remembered the girl that came to her first show and never returned because she didn't quite look like the competitor beside her, and I danced a little longer. I remembered the Dad that just wanted to be healthier to run with his kids long enough for a backyard football game, and I danced a little more..I thought of how I could reach them all and tell them that it's all possible; I thought of the clients that finally made it through and became happier and healthier, and learned to dance their own dance...I saw a girl headed toward my machine, looking a little nervous to approach me. I saw her patiently waiting for me to finish with an adoring look on her face... I stepped away from my cardio dance partner and pulled my music from my ears... I heard her ask for my help....I heard the word cancer and recovered and better.... I smiled at her and offered my smile, and told her to meet me on Monday for her first session... I thought of the possibilities for all of you through the little girl that beat the beast of cancer and found the joy of fitness...Being overweight or not at your fitness goals is not an incurable disease; it's just a matter of change....Changing a few eating habits or how long we sit on the couch in front of a t.v. It's going for a walk and enjoying the sunshine...It's eating the foods the Lord made for us instead of bag of artificial chips...It's rewarding your body for getting up and carrying you around or breathing and blinking a million times without a single command. Our bodies respond to what we feed them and what activity we decide for them to do...I'ts simple as that...take the time to take care of your bodies friends and it will pay you back with a happier, healthier life. Life is short enough, when you look around and see that the little person beside you has become just as big as you...take care of your body so that you will be there for the "big" times too...Life is short, Live it to the fullest friends..

No comments:

Post a Comment