Thursday, March 4, 2010

An unrested machine.....

So my friends today I am having trouble finding the girl that you have read about in previous bloggs. The girl that has been moving brick walls and throwing up weights that equal her own has hit a wall today. I've looked for the 'nothing keeps me from the gym girl' all day and she is no where in sight. Instead I see a shadow of her lying with legs up on the couch and the phone off by her side. Her eyes are struggling to stay awake and with every move her defeated body aches. She has given in to the exhausted state her efforts have put on her body. She drove straight past the gym without a blink this morning and drug herself to the shower and gave in to the almighty oatmeal she'd skipped for three weeks straight. Sometimes our bodies fight back and we just have to give in. A machine doesn't continue working without rest; and much is the same for our bodies. There comes a time when the body just waves the white flag and we have to give in and shut things down for the day. As I write this blogg, my body is grateful for the rest that I allowed it to have today. It is satisfied and refueled because of the oatmeal with the small dollup of butter that I gave into this morning. It has promised to repay me tomorrow and for the 22 days that we have remaining. Even a champion is nothing more than an average person that wanted more...Our bodies are all the same and sometimes we have to just take a breather......See you at the gym tomorrow friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment