Thursday, October 14, 2010

The mind is our only obstacle...

My eyes are so tired but yet my mind continues to race. I'm not sure why this happens to me and it always leaves me wondering if ordinary people have the same struggles defeating their thoughts. My exhaustion is not because it's a late hour tonight, but rather the results of a sleepless night last night. And as far as me referring to all of you as more ordinary than myself; well it's just something that probably is, and definitely not intended to bring undeserving recognition or credit upon anyone. It's just the things that my mind has been able to conquer. Not the things of a scholar with words I could never pronounce or a genius who can add a million numbers at a seconds notice; but rather the place that my mind has found to exist that few will ever know is there at all.

It's a discovery that I have only recently located even after hanging out here in this beautiful life for 36 years. Perhaps that is why when I know that I am in this place I rush here so that I can share it with as many of you as I can get to listen. So here's the place that finds me time and time again...

My soul is that which is never fed. It desires to help, reach and exceed beyond much of the company that I find myself surrounded by on any given day. It is a furnace that never burns down into the charred coals that I sometimes long for so that I can sleep and limit the rushing -that I feel- all of the hours- that my overly sore legs are awake- walking me around. It continues to burn as I long for the closed restful eyes that my two life partners have for the 8 hours that I am tossing and turning. Somewhere during the night it finally shuts down and I awake not wanting to move from the soft pillow that finally cradled my head and forced my eyes to close.

I awake and stretch as far as my too many pull-up arms can reach. The body that reaches aches like it should climb back in bed and find the pillow that cradled it's sleepy head, but this is where I start to find this place. I start to put on the clothes that will take me to the gym. I make breakfast for her and say good morning to him- the same way I do time and time again. Then I go alone and open up the door and I feel even more powerful than I did the day before. So I walk a little taller and my mind is right on que. For despite the sleepless night, it knows just what to do. It makes it way to grab the much too heavy weights, and throws them to it's shoulders while not a sound it makes. Just a silent little push with little effort at all, with nothing but the mind to stop them from their fall.

I look at the blonde that I still don't recognize. I am impressed with her strength especially for her size. But then I have to look again at those who do not know and want to tell them there's a place you have to go. Instead I look away for they would not hear a word but only insist it was nothing but absurd. And as she leaves the mind demands again to feed a soul from the place that is within. She climbs upon the bar with arms that ache and do the pullups that have now become her fate. She starts with one, feeling lighter than air, and still at fifteen feeling barely there. And finally lowers herself at number twenty two, knowing the secret of what a strong mind can do. She walks out the door but it never shuts down, so she turns on the computer and her fingers start to pound. She doubts they will listen but sends these thoughts their way, in hopes that another may find this place someday. For although we do not believe; she knows that it is true, the only magic another has that was not given to you...Is allowing your mind the power to do what you think it cannot do....The mind is the only obstacle you need to cross my friends; the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment