Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Japanese soul...


I watched as the waters washed away the very existence and humanity of all of those that called this place home. It's beyond the imagination the magnitude of the colossal wave that slammed through so many lives last week.

As I do with most things I encounter; once again, I watch the stories with my heart. I cry for those that cannot find their loved ones beneath the ruin that remains. Their foreign tears are felt within the very depths of my soul.

It is not the pictures of the flattened earth that sadden me so terribly; but yet the faces as they cry words in a language that I can't understand. I am certain that I am not alone when I admit that I will never understand God's reasoning for much of the sufferings that We must encounter. I question what good could come from such a tradgedy of so many hurting hearts.

A tradgedy that equals only that of the events of World War II is hard to swallow in our modern world. It only leads me to believe that despite our greatest efforts, some tradgedy's we will never be able to prepare for..

When we reach these moments in our lives, it leads us once again to yell and cry and scream and weep. We feel angry for a moment that so many could lose their lives in such a short moment. And then at some point, we simply give in once again and pray to the God that is in charge of it all.

Then...We see signs that even in this place, We once again see the Lords Face..He is that of an old Japanese man who walks all alone..Crying a bit with even a moan...but when they ask him what is his goal...he simply says to keep my Japanese soul...and although many will think it is not intact...I must differ because it is just that...and then we see him sit on the ground...skimming the pages of the treasure he's found...a simple album of all of his kin...and his promise to find them again..

And then we see them face after face...the people that have lost all they have in this place...with tears falling down each foreign cheek...as they hug each familiar person they meet...May we remember my dear friends..that this could happen once again..in a land that is not so foreign or far away...because we are promised nothing more than today...so grab those you love and tell them so...because in this world you just never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment