Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Drink every last cup of Happiness"


Ever really think about how much thought we put into what we eat and how many minutes a day we work out? Being a Mom even forces us to spend many of our thoughts each day wondering what we could possibly make for dinner to excite our bored families? We skim through magazines, look at online recipes, and then finally at the end of the day; head to the kitchen and make the same 'ol meatloaf we made last week. Their faces are much the same when they sit down to dinner, but their tummies are full so we give ourselves a break for our lack of creativeness.

However, despite our ability to make exciting "hurry to the table" meals, we always ensure that an appropriate mix of nutrients is there ready to be dug into. It's just what we do for not only the people we love but for the bodies that we try to take care of.

But have you ever really thought of the things you drink throughout your day? I'm not talking about the "too sweet tea" that we love to indulge in every now and then, or the gatorade that our "too much cardio" bodies gives in to once in a while.

I'm talking about Happiness and love and life. I wonder what would happen if we all took the time to think about our cup of happiness every day as we frown and moan through the hours and minutes of our days every day. What if we thought of happiness as we sipped our morning coffee and thought of the faces of those far away that love it just as much as we do. I like to picture a little man with a profile that resembles mine that is probably the reason that I love my morning coffee so very much. There's nothing greater than seeing his face though he is "too many drivable miles" away to have coffee with me; as I sip mine.

Every now and then, I even indulge in a "cup" of vanilla icecream. It only makes sense that I would imagine the "happy faced Mom" that has been at my side and shared her very own cup of icecream as we grumbled about the calories but continued to laugh as we scraped each drop out of the bottom of the cup...a little cup of happiness....

My greatest cups of Happiness are usually in the form of a yummy cup of nuts. I can pinpoint a cashew, almond and especially a pistachio to some of the most happiness that I can remember. I can't help but smile at the thought of tummy aches from "too many mixed nuts" on so many "too cold" Christmas's at home...it makes you wish for another cup...

And finally, I must include a cup of the warmest most perfect cup of chocolate happiness ever. As I tip my cup, I remember everything from "too little to eat" baby Easter bunnies to cherries covered in chocolate that always brought a smile to my Daddys yummy face. And right at the bottom as I dig for the very last drop; I see two guilty sisters at my side answering for the "missing chocolates" in the Christmas box along with me as we laugh and proclaim our guilt....a cup of yummy perfect happiness...

So as you drag yourself out of bed and do the things that start your day.Don't forget to drink a cup of happiness so the memories come your way. And cherish them briefly for soon they will pass...For one cup of Happiness never lasts...That's why I want you to have more than one or two...You have to finish each cup the Lord puts before you...And as you do simply smile... even if it's for a short while...for if your patient, in the end....another cup will find you again...

No comments:

Post a Comment