Saturday, June 2, 2012

Change is a good thing...maybe the best of things...

     Ahhhh change. It's just the one thing that none of us can seem to stop. Just when we think we've settled into where we want to be or have even accepted that it's where we are supposed to be; it arrives unexpectedly once again. And the most challenging part of all is that we don't get to decide if we want change; it just kind of forces its self on us. At this point; we only have two choices; we can either keep fighting it and make ourselves unnecessarily miserable, as we lose time and time again; or we can simply embrace it and move forward.

I've done both to be honest. I've cried when change has shown up at my doorstep; even stomped my feet and pouted a bit in hopes that it would go away. But much like many things in this life; experience has taught me to open my palms instead of making tight fists to fight its losing battle. Embracing "change" is the only way we can truly accept what has yet to come.

     I write these words to all of you as I glance out the window of my new North Carolina home. My memories of Missouri mountains and the silly sweet small town that houses them are faintly tucked away in my heart for safe keeping. I've vowed to keep them there for the moments that I need to reach back on my journey of moving forward.

 It's funny the change that God has delivered this time around. He's landed me in a place of old memories with new horizons. A true package of something old, something new and something unknown. It's a bit overwhelming to continue to be the person God wants us to be in a place that we were a person that we no longer want to be. I suppose that's why he put me here; to see if I can still be the person that I was in that silly sweet Missouri town with few obstacles around. It's a bit humbling to say the least, as I think of the confidence that our mighty God has in me time after time.

However, I must admit that he has shown me many things already my friends. He has turned my direction around from where I thought I should go and led me to where he has planned for me to go. With every change; I am learning to listen more. It's amazing how much he speaks to us when our ears are open to his guidance. I pray for the patience to trust in his plan and the will to follow the change that continues to surround me. Today, seems to be a success as I smile at the street that once felt the feet of my little red~headed 2nd grader. It seems even the little people that "change" with us; sometimes find themselves amoungst the old and the new as she hugs the 5th grade shoulders of those that remember her from so many years before...

I suppose change is even more special this time around as we recall the memories of this North Carolina town and explore those that are yet to be found. Life is that way my friends......sometimes, we get to pull out those memories that we stored away and sit them right on the street where they were made so many years ago on a North Carolina Day. It's good to be home my friends.....I love you my sweet North Carolina <3

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post! Best wishes for you both.
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Derek and thanks for reading; many hugs*

    ReplyDelete