Friday, August 20, 2010

The most loyal friend

I love helping others meet fitness. I love when I'm able to bring them face to face for the first time and initiate the first handshake. I'm empowered when I see their eyes meet and sometimes even cry a happy cry together. Sometimes, I just stand at the sidelines and watch them as they live their life together hand in hand run after run or walk after walk. It's amazing how close they all become to him each time I bring them face to face. I enjoy seeing the smiles as they become less dependent on the lifestyle that led them to the misery; he has taught them to overcome.

Few things are greater than the moment a life of entrapment is left behind. Few friends are so loyal as to hold you as tight when you're weeping as they do when you are rejoicing. Fitness manages to do this with every person that I introduce him to. Today, I introduced him to two special women that I have just been lucky enough to add to my world of wonderful women. I don't say "special" lightly because the wife of a warrior is hardly a light job.
It's a lifetime of moments,moments of sadness, loneliness and many goodbye's. It's a baby taking a first step with just a mother's grasp and a throat with a sad lump for the dad that never got to see it. It's a Christmas with a lighted tree and a tiny tot wishing the best of holidays to a dad through a video lens. A first day of school every year with a nervous little person looking uncertain at the same two eyes that never let her down; because they insisted on standing on their own firm ground. The dance he never saw, who knew that she would crawl, the spelling bee she won...his only son..I wish you could have seen; I can't believe she's a teen...The smile upon her face when she won that first race..The mom that stood so tall and proud...amongst the final crowd...or when they threw the cap that matched that final gown...she only had a smile though he was not around...

So, this is why I do the things I'm called to do..For the woman that gives her all for the soldier who's called too..So should you find me on my little chatting blog..and know that this is you that's in the thickest fog..simply grab my hand and that of fitness too...and we will ensure that you make it through...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jena for introducing me to a new lifestyle! I am the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete